Updating the software
It is important that you close the main program (BioEra) during the updating download/installation process when prompted. Click the Brain-Trainer icon at the bottom left. This opens the updater. When you run BT4BE Updater, it will tell if there is a new version available. Press y (yes) and press the Enter key to allow the installation.
The Updater will show a message prompting you to close the main program. When you see this message, close BioEra (the colored window containing the design names — TQ, HEG, FRE, etc.) but don’t close the dark screen (BT4BE Updater). Press Enter.The program will go through the download/installation process and will let you know when it is finished.
How to update Brain-Trainer for BioEra without a device
When you do not have a device, you can update the software using the simulator as selected device.
- Close Brain-Trainer for BioEra
- Open the folder C:\Brain-Trainer for BioEra
- Run bioera.exe
- It will ask for a password. Click Cancel.
Along with the main window (the one with the protocols), there will be another window with a gray background.
- On this window, open the Tools menu and click “Device selection and configuration”
- Change the device to Simulator and click Ok.
- Close the program
- Run Brain-Trainer for BioEra from the regular location (Desktop icon)
- Now it will allow you to click the icon to update