Cranial Electrotherapy Stimulation (CES) has been in use since the 1950s and is well-researched for its effectiveness to provide relief from anxiety, and insomnia easily, and with no side effects. The massage-like action and pleasant tingling sensation while clipped to your ear lobes uses 100hz pulses of electric current. It has been suggested that the current results in an increase of the brain’s levels of serotonin, norepinephrine, and dopamine, and a decrease in its level of cortisol. After a CES session, users are in an “alert, yet relaxed” state, characterized by increased alpha and decreased delta brain waves as seen on EEG. The CES Ultra is the most user-friendly CES device on the market and can be used to also supplement neurofeedback sessions to boost relaxation responses.
- Frequency: 100 Hz (100 pulses per second)
- Power source: 9 V alkaline battery
- Wave shape: Modified square wave
- Amplitude: Adjustable from 0-1.5 milliamps
- Pulse duration: 2 milliseconds (20% duty cycle)
- Current intensity: up to 1 amp